Daryl Rosser – Immersion by Lion Zeal
Archive : Daryl Rosser – Immersion by Lion Zeal
How To Build an SEO Agency Without Testimonials, Learning SEO, Or Spending 6 Months Building Example Sites
My name is Daryl Rosser, but you may know me as the Lion Zeal guy.
Despite often looking like a “pimple-faced kid” in my photos, I’m far from new to the internet marketing game. In fact, I got started over 7 years ago now, ever since I stumbled into affiliate marketing.
People saw me as one of those “quick risers”. During my first 2 years, I generated over $800,000. I was crushing it, up until the point where my business partner scammed me, and I lost everything. Since then all I’ve wanted to do is rebuild myself. And up until May 2014, I was failing hard.
That’s the date I accidentally got my first SEO client. Accidentally, meaning they were referred to me by a business owner that I helped out as a favour… yet I knew nothing about SEO.
But once they sent that first payment, that feeling of starting to come back was like an adrenaline shot straight into my blood. This model works, now it’s time to scale.
Since then, not only did I turn that agency into a 6 figure business and travel to 8 different countries last year while running it, but I’ve helped several other people do the same through my 2,500 member Facebook community and blog.
But it was far from easy.
Before getting that first client, nothing was working out.
Rather than accepting that I was doing something wrong, it had to be the method.
This triggered an epic saga of rapid idea switching, while I tried to find an “idea that worked”.
And this went on for 2 years.
Maybe I’ll build a tool to sell, which lead me to start learning coding. Maybe, I’ll build a web design or PPC agency. Maybe I’ll start a niche info marketing business. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
It was mindset issues, and I knew it, but I wasn’t sure how to fix it.
But after repeated failure, my momentum was drained. And my confidence was at an all time low.
It was that client referral, a tiny bit of luck after all that effort, that finally put me back on track. That’s all it took.
Once I knew this was what I needed to do, I studied my ass off.
I’ve tried lumpy mail, turns out the response rates aren’t nearly as high as people say. The trick is to follow up.
I’ve tried cold calling, it’s boring and time consuming, but if you have a good offer you can get appointments.
I’ve tried rank and rent sites, they’re a terrible approach for starting out. Bad SEO’s, like myself when starting out, have a bad habit of choosing overly competitive keywords without the experience or budget to rank for them, and when they do rank – turns out business owners don’t throw money at you, you need to cold call them and sell it to them.
I’ve tried Facebook ads and funnels, you need to invest a lot of time into creating and testing the funnel with ads. It takes time to get your first client from this.
And not only have I tried and failed with this stuff several times myself, I’ve helped students overcome the exact same things.
One of our students William, invested over $1,000 into building up a Rank and Rent website, it got to page 5 before he ran out of money and had to quit.
And there’s dozens more examples of this.
If you’ve been trying to build your SEO agency for more than 2 months, you’ve probably had the same problems I ran into, and some of my students have, like…
- Being advised to setup R&R sites, only to run out of money or momentum before ranking it
- Being advised to run FB ads, only to freak out after you’re $500 down with no clients
- Being advised to send lumpy mail, only to waste hours of your time and get zero responses
But the biggest mistake I made, which didn’t even process to me as an issue at the time, was that…
I thought managing PBN’s and tracking rankings was work
There’s only 2 things that quantify as productive work for running an agency:
- Acquiring Clients
That wasn’t easy to accept. I’m a “hustler”, I work 12+ hours per day, why wasn’t I getting results?
But reflecting, how much time was I spending prospecting? How much time was I spending doing outreach?
Every time I talk with my students and business partners now, this is what I ask.
To build a 6 figure SEO company, this is what’s needed.
Of course it wasn’t as simple as that. There’s an art to cold emailing, lumpy mail, and any form of advertising – but I’d actually learn that art if I practiced repeatedly.
You see, there’s two types of coaches I’ve found in the SEO space…
The first type are the technical superheroes. They have no idea how difficult it is to do what they do, and they make it sound easy with some advice like “go send some cold emails with a video analysis”.
While their advice is brilliant, it gives little help to someone that isn’t exactly like them.
The other type are the over the top teachers. They’ll give you every little detail about everything. They usually won’t have that same strict direction the technical superheroes have, but you’ll have information on everything.
The problem with the OTT teachers is that they leave you overwhelmed and asking “but what should I do?”. There’s so much to go through that it’s not easy to start.
Neither of these are right, but they’re so close.
Nobody was stripping back all the content and saying, here is what you really need to know.
Like you don’t need a PBN or any of this fancy stuff until you have a client.
So that’s what I decided to do.
Last year I created the Immersion Bootcamp to strip down all the junk and simplify the process.
The idea was step by step actionable training.
And you’ll never guess what it’s built around?
Prospecting & Outreach.
The 2 most important activities for your business, aside from sales, which can’t happen until after.
I don’t believe it’s always the students fault when it doesn’t work out.
And I don’t believe the reason most people don’t get results is a lack of action.
From what I’ve witnessed with myself, and my students, it’s two fold:
- Overwhelm from too much information and lack of actionable instructions so you have to keep learning before making a decision
- Bad guideline of what to work in which order, so you spend months setting up PBN sites, or 6 months on a R&R site, when you could have been doing something that would actually get results
When I started teaching with an understanding of this, everything changed.
William is a great example of that.
William is a software developer turned marketer that has been going through the toughest patch of his life the past 5 years.
After blowing all his savings when he was younger and losing his first business, he was left living out of his co-working office trying to rebuild himself.
In 2014 he decided to try the R&R model. He invested over $1,000 in it, before he ran out of money 5 months later and couldn’t support it anymore.
Thankfully, he isn’t sleeping in his office anymore, at least not deliberately. And he’s gained 2 new clients, bringing him a recurring income of $3,000 per month.
William was a student of the Immersion Bootcamp, a $2,000 live 9 week bootcamp on how to build an agency from scratch.
Rather than dumping all the info on students so they’re overwhelmed, or giving them smart – but vague instructions on what to do, this is what made it different…
- Everything was broken down into actionable steps, do this then this… so you don’t get overwhelmed with what to focus on
- The recommended outreach methods are only beginner friendly, so you don’t waste thousands of dollars or 100s of hours on something without any results
- You’re given all the training in order, so you can skip all the PBN’s and junk, and get straight on with prospecting and outreach straight away to get your first client ASAP
- The main focus is put on prospecting and outreach, with example videos and templates to simplify it even for non-technical people
- You get the accountability of live webinars with Q&A, with me, where I personally check everyones progress
Out of 10 spots made available, and far more applications than that, I settled on 4 students that seemed like action takers.
(And I really mean so far because I’m 100% confident every member will get results soon)
2 out of 4 members have their first clients already.
You’ve already met William, so let me introduce you to Brandon…
Brandon is an ex-professional poker player that used to make executive money from playing online.
With the increasing restrictions on Poker in the US, he began looking into alternative ways to make money online around mid 2015.
At the time of joining Immersion, Brandon was living entirely from his Poker savings.
Since then, Brandon’s picked up multiple clients and last month in January he brought in $2,600.
And as intended, both William and Brandon didn’t need to touch a PBN until they got paid.
In fact, they didn’t waste much time on anything most people are told to do.
Why should you care?
Well, I’m not doing the Immersion Bootcamp again. That was a one-time opportunity.
But I am making the training available again. For you though, you won’t need to wait 9 weeks to get access to it all, and you won’t need to invest $2,000 like the original students.
Instead, today you’ll have the opportunity to get instant access to all the replays for this original bootcamp.
That’s 9 webinars, plus additional content we’re regularly expanding, on how to build your own SEO agency. With full Q&A every week. And this isn’t re-recorded or professionally setup, it’s the exact replays previous students paid $2,000 for.
Let me show you exactly what you’ll get from each of the 9 weeks of this training:
Week 1 – The Foundation
In the first week, we’re going to start with the basics, how to setup and position your agency. This should not take more than a week to setup, then you can move onto the work that’ll get you results.
- How to position your agency so you’re not competing as “just another SEO agency”
- How to setup a super basic website and what to include, so you have a website at least, but you’re not wasting time on pointless stuff before getting that first client
- An example website with a breakdown of which theme I used to create it, and the purpose behind the content, so even if you’re non-technical you can copy what I’ve already done without spending hours trying to decide the best theme (it’s not important)
Most people waste over a month on this, and you’re going to do it in less than a week. If you work only 4 hours per day, and earn only $20 per hour, this module would save you over $1,200 by helping you be more efficient with your time.
Week 2 – Prospecting
Now the foundation is down, you need to build prospect lists you can contact. This deserves an entire training on it’s own and is the most underrated part of building an agency. In this week, you’ll learn:
- Where to find hot lists of your ideal prospects which gives you an unlimited supply of leads to advertise to so you can consistently complete outreach
- The biggest mistake most people make when building prospecting lists, understanding this will bring you better quality leads that are easier to sell high-end services to
- Which elements to look at in a business to qualify them as an ideal clients, doing this will save you hundreds of hours and potentials thousands of dollars of wasted advertising
- A list of recommended go-to sites that you can immediately go on and begin prospecting so there’s no need to guess, just go on the recommended sites and get started
- Hidden sources you can tap into that most people completely miss out, this takes extra research but gives you better quality leads, and guarantees you aren’t promoting to the exact same businesses as everyone else
Without knowing this, one bad lumpy mail campaign could waste 40+ hours of your time, double that if you follow up. At only $20/hour pay, you would have wasted $1,600 because you didn’t prospect correctly, not to mention the 6 figures in potential deals you could give up when you quit because “it doesn’t work”.
Week 3 – Outreach
Once you’ve built a qualified prospect list, this is how to get yourself in front of them and turn them into leads you can sell to. You’re going to get:
- A list of the best outreach methods for starting out so you don’t waste months or thousands of dollars only to run out of resources
- A breakdown of each of the best outreach methods with actionable step by step instructions so you’re not left puzzled on how to actually do it
- Copy and paste templates which can be used without being a technical super nerd so you can start implementing straight away without additional research
- How to get a 400% higher response rate from cold outreach methods and multiply their interest in you with a simple strategy that you’ll slap yourself for not already thinking of, so you don’t have to email hundreds or thousands of prospects to get a response
- A strategy one of my business partners used to get 3 sales calls and 2 proposal requests out of 22 prospects contacted (that’s a 9.09% proposal request rate), so you can make the most out of your prospecting and stand out to your ideal prospects without being labeled “another SEO company”
- How to do follow up without being an annoying spammer so you can establish trust, get known, and eventually turn them into sales calls
Ask someone earning $100,000 from clients how much outreach is worth to them, they’ll tell you every penny of it. Without outreach, they would be $100,000 per year down. This module will save you spending over $2,000 on ads and tools to try this stuff yourself.
Week 4 – Closing
Once you’ve got leads from your outreach, this weeks webinar will show you how to turn them into a paying client. You’ll learn:
- The sales funnel to take a prospect from lead to paying client which gives you a repeatable process to follow that’s proven to work for SEO so you don’t attempt the sale too soon or late
- A process that works entirely over the phone so you never need to travel to meet your clients, and can even do it from a completely different country
- How to create a proposal that builds trust and establishes expertise, including my copy and paste proposal template that has been used by myself and students to close deals of upwards of $1,000/month, so you can be 100% confident going into any sales call that you’ve got a presentation that can close deals and position you correctly
- What to say on the phone, including my copy and paste scripts so you can immediately start sounding like an expert and remove all the “umm’s” and “uhhs” from your calls
- What to say if they ask you for testimonials or example sites, and how you can avoid this question even coming up 90% of the time, so you don’t have to spend 6 months building example sites to get clients
- How to ask for the sale repeatedly and overcome objections without sounding like a used car salesman so you can confidently push for the sale without feeling weird and not freak out about what to say when they give any type of objection
I lost out on over $24,000 in deals before I figured this funnel out, and several students have used this to close multiple deals of over $1,000. If you can’t sell, you won’t get clients, and this will teach anyone – even a shy introvert like myself, to start closing clients.
Week 5 – Delivering Your Services
After you’ve got your first client, you need to know how to rank them. This is what we cover in this weeks training, where you’ll learn:
- What are trust links and how to build them, so you don’t get your clients stuck in a page 2 sandbox
- Client link building blueprint which gives you a breakdown of each of the types of links your clients need so you get them ranked with ease
- The essentials on local onsite optimisation so you can be more efficient with your time, while getting the best out of your link building campaigns
- How I build PBN links including a breakdown of safely using anchor texts in 2016 so you don’t get your clients penalised or sandboxed but get the best out of your PBNs
- How to build “safety net” links to diversify your backlink profile and anchor text profile so you can optimise higher with your PBNs without risking a penalty or sandbox
If you want to keep your clients on for at least 6 months, you need to deliver results. If you were unable to deliver results and a small $1,000/m client quit after 3 months, you’ve lost out on a minimum of $3,000 – based on a 6 month client length, which is less than my client average.
Week 6 – Managing Your Clients
As well as delivering services, you’ve got to deliver reports to the client, invoice them, and manage the relationship with this. In this week, you’ll learn:
- How to track your clients results and deliver automated monthly reports so you can save yourself the time fiddling around with all the tools or creating it manually
- How to bill and take payments from your clients even if you’re non-technical so you can easy setup recurring payments and take money from your clients without any questions or stress
- How to make your clients like you so much they never want to leave (presuming you deliver results) so you’re not stuck trying to find new clients every 3-6 months
Rather than churning clients and replacing them every 6 months, what if you could double the length of time a client remains with you? What about triple? If you kept 1 single $1,000 per month client for 12 months instead of 6, you would make an additional $6,000. If you did this for 5 clients, that’s an extra $30,000 you would have otherwise lost.
Week 7 – Multiply Your Clients
This is what I believe to be the easiest way to scale from 4 figures to 5 figures, multiplying what you’re getting from each of your clients. In this week, you’ll learn:
- How to turn 1 client into 3 – a simple strategy you can copy to get more clients without spending hours on outreach
- How to turn your SEO client into a pay per lead client, switch mediums, and multiply what they’re paying you so you’re not entirely relying on SEO and can make a lot more money per client (while making them significantly more too)
- What to upsell to your clients and how to deliver it so you can get more money from your clients (and provide more results) without getting entirely new clients
- A referral strategy to turn your clients into your brand advocates and bring ready-to-buy leads to you so you can sit back and watch new leads come in without the need to always do outreach
Imagine converting 1 client from paying you $1,000 into $3,000. Now what if you did that with 5 of your clients? Rather than earning $5,000/month, you would earn $15,000/month. It’s not easy, but there’s a process that you’ll learn in this weeks webinar.
Week 8 – Outsourcing
To continue growing the business though, you can’t waste your time doing all of the work, you need a team. In this weeks training, you’ll learn:
- Where to find the ideal type of VA for your business level (my personal sources) so you save yourself the time and hassle of choosing wrong
- A step by step process for hiring virtual assistants so you can hire fast fire fast, and get quality VA’s as soon as possible
- How to make your VA’s like you, so your top VA’s don’t leave after 6 months
- How to train your VA to do anything, including my personal step-by-step PBN management training doc for training your VA how to setup and manage your private blog network, so you don’t have to spend 10+ hours recording videos and planning out how to systemise everything
- How to outsource web design without being giving a billion revisions so you don’t become the clients website slave and feel like killing yourself (you’ll know the feeling if you’ve ever had a bad client)
Having a good VA can be the difference between you having 1 client or 5. $1,000 or $5,000 – depending on what your average client size is. Don’t try to do it yourself, you’ll struggle to manage 1 client, instead outsource and scale.
Week 9 – Affiliate SEO
If you get sick of clients, or just want to diversify your type of income, I’m a big fan of affiliate SEO and breakdown how I do that in week 9’s training. You’ll learn:
- How to build pay per lead affiliate sites to diversify your client income and utilise your existing PBNs
- Where to find high paying lead gen based affiliate offers so you can get paid simply for generating leads or calls, no sales required
- How to pick easy keywords so you don’t need a huge PBN or budget to rank for them
Using the exact strategy you’ll learn in this training, one of my sites generated $45,000 last year. And that’s only one of many.
But there is a catch…
This is a special offer for the initial launch of the Immersion program, and the price will be changing after the launch.
Not only that, there’s a number of bonuses included today that I simply can’t include in the future at the same price you’ll be able to join for today.
But don’t worry if you’re on a low budget, this is going to be much less than you think.
My SEO friends advised to sell it for as much as $5,000 when I launched the Bootcamp. Why not? Get 1 client for 6 months and it’s paid for. But you’re not going to pay anywhere near this amount.
And if I was available to teach you this one-on-one, which I probably won’t be, it would cost you $4,750 based on my hourly fee of $250. Again though, you’re not going to pay close to this amount.
The original bootcamp was sold for only $2,000. A great deal. But you’re not even going to pay that much.
And if I were to sell all 10 webinars in this Bootcamp individually, based on my standard rate of $197 each, you would need to invest $1,970 to access them all. And you’re not even even going to pay that much.
Before we go through how little you can get access to this for…
There’s one more thing
Not only are you getting access to all 9 weeks of the bootcamp, you’ll also have the opportunity to access 3 bonuses today.
Bonus #1: The Outreach Leaderboard
If there’s only one thing you take away from this training, it should be that outreach will make your business. Rather than reward students for results, I want to reward students for taking the action that will bring those results.
Every month the student who completes the most outreach will receive a reward, in March it’ll be a free 1-on-1 consultation with me. This is turning it into a game, and if you’re even close to as competitive as me, this will be highly valuable to your business.
It’s hard to say how much this is worth, but to the right person, they’ll thrive on the accountability and competition from this. And if you just get one client $1,000/m, that would be worth $6,000 to you over 6 months. And I’m pretty damn confident if you win the monthly leaderboard, you’ll pick up a client.
Bonus #2: Armando Webinar
Armando is a good friend of mine that’s personally been responsible for a lot of my success with client SEO. This guys a machine that brings in over $50,000 per month while working from home.
Last year, we did a paid webinar on prospecting, outreach, and multiplying your client income from $5,000 to $10,000 per month. Students loved it, but I’ve never made it publicly available since.
If I sell this in the future, it’ll be at least $197, and even that is a great deal.
Bonus #3: Weekly Q&A Webinars
Every week we’ll get on a live webinar dedicated to answering your questions from what you learnt in that weeks training. No fluff, you submit questions, and I’ll answer them.
If you’re stuck with anything or struggling, this gives you access to 1-2 hours of my time every single week to help you out.
My hourly rate is $250, so for all 9 weeks of this training, this would cost you $2,250. But you won’t even be paying that much for the entire course.
Bonus #4: Consultation Call with me personally
Not only will you have weekly access to me through the weekly Q&A webinars, you’ll also get a 15 minute consultation call with me in April.
I can personally look over your work, answer any questions, and give you a non-involved point of view. Imagine what influence one nugget could do for your business… Get you a new client? Multiple clients? Save you hours of work? For this call, my only focus will be on helping you get more results from what you’re doing.
So what do I need to invest to be a part of this?
If you were to figure this out on your own, not only would have to spend over $10,000 in testing everything from… Different outreach methods, scripts and proposal templates, ranking strategies, etc.
But you’ll also have to mess up a few deals until you figure out what works. I know for a fact that I blew at least $24,000 in deals because my salesmanship sucked.
Instead of doing it yourself though, you’ll have my experience and guidance to follow.
But you’re not going to pay the $4,750 it would cost to have me personally consult you on this.
And you’re not even going to pay $2,000, the original amount students paid to access the Immersion Bootcamp.
But you should know, that the price of this training is going up in the future.
Take one of our students as an example, one single client earns him $1,500 per month, almost all profit. He already has 2. While he’s due to receive $18,000 over the next 6 months, do you think he would mind if the training was $5,000 to buy instead?
No. He wouldn’t.
And that’s what I’m looking to increase it to in the future. That’s not a lie, I’m looking to turn this into a $5,000+ in-person workshop with free access to the online training afterwards. My mastermind suggested $10,000 but we’ll see.
But you’re not going to pay $5,000.
You’re not going to pay $2,500.
You’re not even going to pay $1,500 ($500 less than the original students paid).
In fact, I want to make this accessible to everyone, even a total beginner just starting out.
So I’ve put together 3 packages that you can choose from, the smallest starting from just 3 monthly payments of $297. This won’t be enough to build your entire agency, but it’s all you need to know to get your first client, then you can upgrade at the fixed launch price – any time you like.
There are no reviews yet.